Recommended by Lonely Planet, Bac Ha Market is held every Sunday and is the biggest minority peoples market in Northwest Vietnam. Alive with the bright colours and extravagant costumes of the local people, here you will meet Flower Hmong (Red Hmong), Black Dao, Tay, Nung, La Chi, Phu La and other minority groups who come from far and wide to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and livestock, to exchange news and to renew friendships. In the past, the market was a center for trading horses but now that motorbikes have replaced them it is more common to see buffalo, cows, goats, fish and other livestock being traded. The market opens at around 7.30am and closes mid-afternoon, so an early start is advisable. A typical private tour itinerary for a day at Bac Ha would include:
- 20:30 - 20:45 pick up from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter to Hanoi Railway Station for the night train at 22:00 PM to Lao Cai Station. Sleep on the train.
- 06:30 Our driver pick you up at Lao Cai Station, transfer to hotel for breakfast
- 09:00 Walking around 5 km to visit Cat Cat village, the home of Black Hmong Stop at the waterfall and this is a chance to see the hydroelectric power station built by the French. After 2.5 hours of trekking. You will come back to Sapa Town for Lunch at Local restaurant. Check-in, free at leisure
- Afternoon, free time for Visiting Sapa Market, the Church in the center.
- 18:30 Dinner at the restaurant and stay overnight at hotel in Sapa town
- 07:15 Check out hotel, Depart to Bacha Market, Arrive after 2,5 hours ..Free time for visiting one of the most colorful markets in the world This big market in northwest Vietnam filled with many different hill-tribe peoples such as Flower H’ mong, Dzay, Tay .. people. At the market, you have chance to enjoy BacHa peoples simple but unique kinds of food with special wines made from rice, cassavas, corn and different sorts of fruits such as plumps, apples, peaches... talking to the minorities through the guide's interpretation.
- 14:00 After lunch Leave the market for visiting the Hmong Kings house (King Hoang A Tuong) built by the French colonists and the Chinese in 1920, short walking to see Ban Pho village where is the homeland of flower Hmong. Say goodbye to BacHa and get back to Lao Cai Station. On the way back, drop in to see the Vietnamese and Chinese Harbor Mouth in Lao Cai.
- 17:00 Transfer to Station for overnight train back Hanoi. Arrive at 5:00 AM.
Finish Sapa - Bac Ha Market 3 Nights 2 Days.